342.33 million tonne estimated to be produced in 28.08 million hectare
Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Government of India releases the 3rd Advance Estimates of the area and production of various horticultural crops for the year 2021-22. According to the estimate, a record 342.33 million tonne are estimated to be produced in an area of 28.08 million hectare. Narendra Singh Tomar, Union Minister for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, congratulated the farmers, scientists and officers of horticulture for this achievement.
Year 2021-22 (3rd Advance Estimate):
• The total horticulture production is estimated to be 342.33 million tonne in the year 2021-22, showing an increase of about 7.73 million tonnes (an increase of 2.3 percent) over the year 2020-21.
• Production of fruits is estimated to be 107.24 million tonne as against 102.48 million tonne in 2020-21.
• Production of vegetables is estimated to be 204.84 million tonne as against 200.45 million tonne in 2020-21.
• Production of Onion is estimated to be 31.27 Million Tonne as against 26.64 Million Tonne in the year 2020-21.
• Production of Potatoes is estimated to be 53.39 million tonne as against 56.17 million tonne in 2020-21.
• Tomato production is estimated to be 20.33 million tonne as against 21.18 million tonne in 2020-21.